- National Ayurveda Research and Training Center (NARTC), under the Ministry of Health and Population, Government of Nepal is an autonomous body primarily working in the field of Ayurveda research, healthcare and capacity building.
- NARTC was established as a national level apex body for effective development and promotion of Ayurveda as a model institute for advancing research, training and patient care by Ayurveda system of medicine.
- The NARTC project began since the month of November 2003 when the Government of Nepal proposed to the Government of the People’s Republic of China for the unequivocal necessity of NARTC project in Nepal.
- Under the joint efforts and friendly cooperation between the nations, both the nations officially agreed to implement NARTC project on August 16, 2004.
- The Government of the People’s Republic of China and the Ministry of Health and Population of the Government of Nepal authorized China Jiangxi Cooperation for International and Technical Cooperation to build the project of NARTC on September 21, 2008.
- The project was commenced on February 20, 2009 and the Government of the People’s Republic of China handed NARTC over to Government of Nepal on April 3, 2011.
- For further enhancement of NARTC, the Government of the People’s Republic of China aided medical and training equipment with the value of RMB Yuan 15,400,000/- (RMB Yuan Fifteen Million and Four Hundred Thousands Only) in accordance with the provision of the letters exchanged on August 18 and August 24, 2014 between the nations.
- The Government of the People’s Republic of China officially handed over the equipment to the Government of Nepal on May 11, 2016. In addition to this, Chinese technical team also supported installment of equipment at NARTC.
- Under Development Committee Act, NARTC was in operation from February 12, 2012