- To protect, preserve, develop and commercially utilize medicinal and aromatic plants (MAPs) and natural resources to meet the WTO (World Trade Organization), TRIP S (Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights) and IPRs (Intellectual Property Rights).
- To build linkages with different institutions and entrepreneurs inside and outside the country.
- To develop appropriate technology and transfer of technology and skill up to the grass root level for the conservation, cultivation and capitalization of medicinal plants.
- To develop inventive and innovative steps for development of drugs and clinical practices.
- To initiate and promote research and good practices applied in production,manufacture and supply of Ayurveda and herbal drugs.
- To provide necessary training for the employees of government and non-government of Ayurveda institution and its related human resources.
- To identify measures for enhancing the capacity of developing programs in farming and processing of Medicinal and Aromatic plants.
- To conduct national and international meetings/seminars/ conferences.